2010 Subaru Legacy transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Subaru Legacy:

2010 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Jun 152010

While driving at a rate of speed between 15-35 mph and down-shifting the car shuts off! I lose power-steering and my ABS brakes. It has happened while pulling into parking lots and also while going around corners. It seems to occur when the ac is on however I have been told by the dealer (who worked with Subaru of America tech line) that it is not an ac problem. My car has been at the dealership for a week and a half. A "reflash" has been sent to the dealers to supposedly correct the problem. Soa states my car is now fixed however they refuse to guarantee me 100% that the problem has been corrected but they insist that it is safe to drive. This is a major safety issue and I am concerned for my life and/or the life of another. No accident to date.

- Milford, NH, USA