2011 Subaru Legacy miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Subaru Legacy:

2011 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Feb 052014

Legacy

.the turn signals are not auto cancelling. Then the drivers automatic window button is not responding. Causing decreased visibilty if the window is stuck open

- Washington, DC, USA

Aug 202016

Legacy

I had a 2011 Subaru legacy2.5;at 1130 am, I was pulling into a parking space at a local convenience store near us that we often go to, when suddenly on turning right into the space I heard the engine "rev"at a fast speed even though I had lifted my foot from the accelerator.(I used to drive a manual shift, and it reminded me of the sound an engine would make when trying to upshift too fast between gears)before I could react the car surged forward into the space, and I was barely able to slam the brake before it covered the 6 to 8 feet and hit a guard post, crumbling the front end to where the engine is bent and the car a total loss. The airbags did not deploy.(fortunate, as when I returned home I found the letter from Subaru that my car was part of the takata recall)interestingly, the engine still started and the car was drive-able, despite the radiator being cracked in half(we were able to park it after having it towed). I looked up the symptoms I experienced and feel that there may have been issues with the electronic throttle control mechanism or the app(which senses the position of the accelerator, as I am sure you know)my check engine light never went on.the car had acted as if it had idling issues a couple of times but not with regularity, and it had never stalled or displayed any other warning of this. I had just driven the car about 7 miles before this happened. I will never buy another Subaru;I have had other cars with troubles in the past but this is by far the most dangerous.I am just thanking the lord that the airbags didn't deploy and we weren't crushed(my 17 year old daughter was in the passenger seat).and, the car only had 24,350 miles on it! practically new condition!sad, because I really liked this car.

- Blackwood, NJ, USA

Nov 202015

Legacy

Whenever the brake is pressed hard to a complete stop, the car stalls and all electrical shut off. It also happens when you brake very slow before coming to a full stop. But if you brake slowly and then pressed the pedal full, the problem will occur. This can cause panic and also delay on cars running behind the car. It appears this is similar problem. I also found a number of similarly reported problems online with Subaru cars. I still dont know whats wrong, just got the car a week ago. Worst mistake I ever made, this car is for son and no way is he safe driving this car.

- Bedford, OH, USA

Dec 092011

Legacy 6-cyl

At approx 60-65 mph I am getting vibration to the car- steering and driver seat.

- Livingston, NJ, USA

Jul 072011

Legacy 4-cyl

Dash trouble lights flashing constantly on and off check engine, brake failure, all wheel drive failure, cruise control failure, temperature light, oil warning light, engine not engaging when gas pedal depressed. Car wobbles side to side at speeds greater than 60 mph, steering wheel excessive vibration. Currently in repair for over one week. Appears dealership can not correct. When originally reported to service advisor he stated to bring in the car in one week. Took car in immediately per owners manual and he then stated he could not release car back to me because it was unsafe to drive. This is a new vehicle with 1500 miles.

- Palm Springs, CA, USA

Dec 232010

Legacy

At highway cruising speeds of 60-75mph there is a vibration/shake that is felt through the steering wheel. When traveling long distances this vibration causes discomfort to hands/arms. Decreased tire pressure, road force balance, and steering wheel replacement (soa tsb) did not fix. Next step is to replace tires. These are "bandaids" to the problem. Please force a real solution.

- O'fallon, MO, USA