2013 Subaru Legacy engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Subaru Legacy:

2013 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Aug 092014

Legacy

The contact owns a 2013 Subaru Legacy. While attempting to park, the vehicle unintentionally accelerated without warning and crashed into a wall. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed and no injuries were sustained. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, but was not diagnosed; however, the body damage was repaired. The failure recurred. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, but the failure was unable to be determined. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 18,669....updated 09/19/16

- Lyndhurst, OH, USA

Mar 172014

Legacy 4-cyl

Getting on a highway from on ramp. I attempted to accelerate. The accelerator went to the floor, the car was grumbling and the pick up of speed was exceptionally slow. Rpms went to approximately 4600. I eased back on the accelerator and tried again with same slow pick up, to floor accelerator and rooms to 4000S. I was not in danger however I have had this issue before (filed a report December 2013) which did put me in danger. The car has been to the dealership service center and one other Subaru dealership multiply with the dealer reporting overfilled transmission from the manufacturer and complete repair by siphoning off the extra. They report "unable to duplicate" and assume therefore no problem.

- Bow, NH, USA

Dec 182013

Legacy 4-cyl

My vehicle showed significant lag in speeding up after pressing the accelerator and revved very high rpms (34-4200). This also occurred when I removed my foot from the accelerator going down a hill...high RPM (34-400) without decrease in speed. Subaru of manchester determined transmission came from manufacturer with overfilled fluid causing hesitancy and lag. Repaired and reset. On 12/28/13, my vehicle would not accelerate while travelling at 60mph on a highway so I could avoid being hit by another vehicle who was drifting towards my right side as it attempted to get on the highway. I pressed the accelerator continuously and then to the floor; RPM's revved to 5400; loud airplane type sound; with no acceleration. Subaru of manchester has since determined the transmission needed an update and reset of the transmission settings. They also found a leak between the transmission and the engine which they state came from the manufacturer. They stated the power train is fine. I will pick my vehicle up from this repair within the next 24 hours and will see if that was in fact the issue.

- Bow, NH, USA