4.5

2014 Subaru Legacy electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Subaru Legacy:

2014 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Nov 082016

Legacy

Im not the only one. The headlights go on and off. I have contacted other owners about this issue for this model year. Its very dangerous to be driving and the lights go out. Subaru has ignored owners. I went to replace a bulb but the bulb is brand new. There is a serious and dangerous defect in this 2010-2014 model year Subaru.

- Beaverton, OR, USA

Mar 102015

Legacy

Experienced stuck driver's window last summer in period of temperature fluctuations (extreme to moderate heat), reported/shown to dealership; same issue this February (extreme to moderate cold). Otherwise, no problems with car since began lease fall 2014. On Monday, March 9, 2015, parked car across the street from my house about 6:15/6:30pm. Did errands, returned about 30/45 minutes later to get glasses out of center console -- 7/7:15pm. Then I locked the car with remote key piece. Car acknowledged with sound, lights. This was the last interactive action taken with car. Car had been idle for 30/45 minutes. I saw nothing new, unusual. I returned to the car approximately 12 hours later, around 7am, Tuesday, March 10, 2015 to get in the car to go to work. The remote key system was not functioning; a first since I'd gotten the car. I tried the car key in the front driver's door. Didn't work. Again odd. I tried the back driver's side door; it was open (again odd; I'd locked the car the previous evening). I bent inside, looked toward the driver's door and noticed the door's manual door lever mangled. I worried the car might have been vandalized overnight (unusual; I live in a low-crime neighborhood). There was a powerful, chemical-like smell in the car. I came around to the passenger side, bent in through the front passenger door. Experienced strong chemical smell again. From this vantage point, I noticed the driver's side door, on the side by the dash and front wheel, was burnt and gutted; part of dash adjacent burnt. I looked outside of the car; saw no exterior damage. Found no personal items missing, including loose change left in car for tolls/meters. Asked neighbors living on part of street where the car was parked; they had not seen a fire or explosion that morning or previous evening. Called state farm to report the incident. Took pictures 8am.

- Takoma Park, MD, USA