2015 Subaru Legacy drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Subaru Legacy:

2015 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Mar 262015

Legacy

My 2015 Subaru Legacy has a very abrupt throttle tip-in (the manner in which power is delivered upon depressing the gas pedal). Push the throttle a little and nothing happens and then a little more and it takes off like a shot! not safe when pulling into tight parking spaces. I called my Subaru dealer and I was told it is caused by the cvt transmission design. Subaru needs to reduce the abruptness of the throttle tip-in for safe operation. This is unsafe and scary in tight parking situations.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jan 022015

Legacy

Upon low speeds transmission howls, hesitation followed by fast acceleration. Key insertion into ignition is difficult and rough.

- Bellevue, NE, USA