8.7

2016 Subaru Legacy accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Subaru Legacy:

2016 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Mar 152016

Legacy

I bought the car as a dealer car (they told me it was registered to a manager as a test car). It had 4,810 miles when I bought it. I have driven the car just over 300 miles. When I test drive it, it made a sound like a stone hit the windshield. Then almost every time I have driven it since, including three times today, it made the same exact sound. I was driving both in city traffic (red light to red light) and on a toll road with limited traffic. When I got out and looked at the windshield, I noticed literally 50 or more small "chips" in the windshield.

- Chesterfield, VA, USA

Dec 192015

Legacy

High gloss navigation screen and high gloss finish on vents reflect sun at certain angles and result in sun being reflected into drivers eyes causing a blinding condition. This happens when driving during daylight when sun is out. This is a severe and significant safety issue. I have driven Subaru for years and just got the 2016 Legacy. Have never had this problem with any other vehicle. Have to put a towel over area when sun is out to drive without being blinded.

- York, ME, USA