2001 Subaru Outback brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Subaru Outback:

2001 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Nov 302001

Outback 4-cyl

Shortly after I purchases a new 201 Subaru Outback (first 500 miles the brake rotors were warped. I was told by the dealere that the car had been sertting a long tiome and the rotors were rusted but it would clear up. It didn't and they turned the rotors and then replaced them stating that it was my driving that cuased the problem. I am still driving the car and the front brakes are defective and have been ever since it was new. Somw of my friends have had the same problem. I feel that the brakes are unsafe and are not as effective as they should be when stopping at freeway speeds. The brakes are noe out of warranty however, I feel that the manufacturer should correct the brake problem.

- Westerville, OH, USA