- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 66 days ago
- June 16: Subaru Cracked Windshields Cause Lawsuit news | 68 days ago
- June 3: BMW, Mazda, Subaru and Toyota Will Settle Takata Lawsuits news | 81 days ago
2014 Subaru Outback
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Outback is showing an early trend of problems with hesitation when accelerating.
The vast majority of owners experiencing this problem have reported that Subaru has not been able to find the cause of the engine hesitation, or fix the problem.
Especially because this is a potential safety defect, we are flagging the 2014 Outback as a model year to watch out for.
Worst 2014 Outback Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems36NHTSA complaints: 22
- transmission problems8
- lights problems5NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- fuel system problems4NHTSA complaints: 7
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 15
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problemsNHTSA: 11
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 9
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 6
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Subaru Outback Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Outback compares to other years?
Check out our Subaru Outback overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Outback.