- April 4: Subaru Recalls WRX and Forester 2.0XT For Engine Stall recalls | 25 days ago
- February 11: Subaru Tribeca Hood Latch Problems Cause Recall recalls | 78 days ago
2014 Subaru Outback
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Outback is showing an early trend of problems with hesitation when accelerating.
The vast majority of owners experiencing this problem have reported that Subaru has not been able to find the cause of the engine hesitation, or fix the problem.
Especially because this is a potential safety defect, we are flagging the 2014 Outback as a model year to watch out for.
Worst 2014 Outback Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems26NHTSA complaints: 17
- transmission problems6
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 11
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 9
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 5
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 5
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Subaru Outback Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Outback compares to other years?
Check out our Subaru Outback overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Outback.