2003 Subaru Outback seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Subaru Outback:

2003 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Oct 172016

Outback

The contact owns a 2003 Subaru Outback. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V359000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Everett, PA, USA

Aug 262016

Takata recall

- Whitesburg, TN, USA

Jul 012016

Outback

Takata recall: The passenger side air bag needs to be replaced. Subaru have told me that they do not have the parts needed for this recall. My wife and I are over seventy and I need to use this vehicle with her in the passenger seat. If replacement is currently impossible, Subaru needs to provide me with a loaner.

- Anacortes, WA, USA

Aug 152016

Outback

Takata recall: Subaru has sent me a letter informing me of the recall. They further state that I should not drive with a passenger, and that they don't have parts to effect repairs. This is unacceptable. What car should I drive when my family needs to go somewhere?

- Weaverville, NC, USA

Jul 272016

Outback

Takata recall--this is my only mode of transportation. I've read of the deaths from explosion of the takata air bags which could hit anyone in the car. I feel it very unsafe for me and my passengers to ride in this car which makes my car unusable. Subaru has no date in site as to when they can replace this defective air bag. I was about to sell my car, but now it has no value nor would anyone want to buy it or ride in it. I find that having no remedy unsatisfactory as well as having no safe transportation. What am I to do?

- East Falmouth, MA, USA

Aug 082016

Outback

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2003 Subaru Outback. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V3410000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Topsham, ME, USA

May 242016

Outback

Takata recall, I want to make sure my vehicle is not affected. If so, then I want the faulty air bags replaced at no charge to me.

- Clifton, NJ, USA

Aug 062015

Outback

Takata recall this may pertain to the takata air bag recall. My wife and I were in a "T-bone" type collision at ~45 mph and the driver and passenger airbags failed to deploy in our 2003 Outback. When I check the VIN I did not see any open recalls nor did I ever receive any recall notifications for the car.

- Laramie, WY, USA

Apr 012015

Outback

This car is on the list for recall, but when I put in the VIN it says that there is no open recalls. What gives" I have contacted Subaru of America and they confirm that my car has a takata airbag inflator on the passenger side. Why am I not getting a recall notice"

- Redding, CA, USA