2004 Subaru Outback seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Subaru Outback:

2004 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Aug 232003

Outback 6-cyl

My 2004 Subaru Outback comes equipped with front side airbags. With only 900 miles on my car, I was "T-boned" by a Ford Explorer under full acceleration. We were struck on the drivers side with enough impact to cause my wife, in the passenger seat, to hit her head on the passenger side door post causing a concussion. Subaru claims that the side airbags performed correctly by not deploying. Total damage to date including drive train replacement parts is $9000. It is my understanding that the NHTSA has not tested the side impact bags on the Subaru models. If that is true, how can Subaru claim that the bags responded correctly?

- Puyallup, WA, USA