2.3

2006 Subaru Outback body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Subaru Outback:

2006 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Jun 012010

Outback

2006 Subaru Outback sw. Coming home on the freeway, I heard what sounded like something was loose. Since my car is only 4 years old and I did buy it brand new, I couldn't imagine it was the muffler as that is what it sounded like. Upon looking under the car in my garage, I noticed that there was a bolt connecting the right rear tire to the axle missing, appearing as though it had been severed off. It is parked in a locked garage everyday and now the axle is drooping below the hole where the bolt should be. I have contacted my local Subaru dealer to repair this. I will not drive this car as I know it may cause an accident should the tire come off.

- Anaheim Hills, CA, USA