2008 Subaru Outback fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Subaru Outback:

2008 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Aug 272015

A year ago, my vehicle would stall at every stop (vehicle should be noted is stick shift). After that, the check engine light came on and vehicle ran fine. I drove it with check engine light on accordingly. I just received vehicle back from Subaru for recalls wqd40 (catalyst convertor) and wqk47 (brake lines). When I started car, check engine light is off and now stalls at every stop, which shuts down car including power brakes and power steering. I called Subaru and they said they have no other complaints, but I don't think that is true. I think there is an issue and it is dangerous to lose brakes and steering. Subaru wants to charge me to look at it and I don't want to pay them. My personal mechanic cannot figure it out.

- Thornwood, NY, USA