2010 Subaru Outback brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Subaru Outback:

2010 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Sep 042016

The brake pipes corroded in the same location as in the earlier recall at the 4 connection coupling where the center pipe meets the rear pipe sections. This issue is documented in Subaru ticket number 1-176 88494776.

- Strafford, VT, USA

Aug 212014

Outback 4-cyl

As I was pulling into a parking space with a foot to go, going less than 5 mph, the engine surged and the car suddenly lunged forward, climbed a 6 inch curb and traveled about 4 feet and hit a wooden staircase of a building. The entire time my foot was on the brake. This entire event took less than a second.

- Long Valley, NJ, USA

Jul 082014

Outback 4-cyl

I heard a grinding sound and checked the rear brakes. Pad and rotors were wearing metal on metal. Checked front brakes and they were fine. Called dealer as to what might be wrong was told I must have driven the vehicle with parking brake on. I asked if there were problems with the parking brake system as I have never heard of the back brakes wearing out before the front especially with approximately 40K mile open country miles. I was told by the service staff member they have never encountered this before. Up on googling the problem I found that 2010 Outbacks were having similar issues. I want to add mine to the data base. I am concerned that the brakes possibly activating while moving or not releasing as designed.

- Ninilchik, AK, USA