8.3

2011 Subaru Outback body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Subaru Outback:

2011 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Jul 012011

Outback 6-cyl

On June 30, 2011 at 11pm I looked out of my window and our entire garage was engulfed in flames. This building was not completed and had no electrical or heating system. I believed at that time that it was the car(Subaru) that started the fire.,as the intensity of the fire was on the side of the garage where it was parked.I had just had it detailed the day before the fire, as the dealership had done some extra electrical work and the car was returned to us filthy. I had always suspected that it was the Subaru that started that fire and a couple of weeks ago I received a letter form Subaru stating that the "puddle lights" wiring could over hear and start a fire. Guess where I had elec. Work done?I had the lighted floor board lights installed (right above the puddle lights) this fire has left my husband(still) very depressed as we lost all his tools and everything in that garage which included items to finish the construction and many valuable personal items. I realize this if after the fact, but after receiving that letter form Subaru, I feel that my suspicion is justified and think that Subaru should make this right.this building was erected for over five years and there wasn't anything in there that would of started that fire, other than that car. Please feel free to contact us.

- Otis, MA, USA