7.4

2011 Subaru Outback fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Subaru Outback:

2011 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Jun 012012

Outback 4-cyl

My car just turned 17000 miles. I bought it new in 2011. It is garaged whenever not in use and have photos of it in the garage. The muffler and exhaust system are rusting very badly. I wash the car regularly when dirty. This should not be happening - there must be a defect in the type of materials used. I first noticed this back in June and it is getting worse. This should be replaced by Subaru - I shouldn't need a new muffler/exhaust system on a new car in less than 20,000 miles! I have taken photos of the problem that I can provide if requested.

- Deering, NH, USA

Sep 052012

Outback 6-cyl

While pulling into a parking space, there was sudden acceleration as if the choke had turn on, similar to when starting the vehicle. It lasted only a short while, but I did have to put the vehicle in neutral. This also occurred once before approx. One month prior this, while pulling into my garage. Am curious if any other reports of this type have been reported.

- Elyria, OH, USA

Mar 012011

Outback

Fuel gauge fails to show correct amount of fuel in the tank. Fuel gauge will only show about 2/3 full when the fuel tank is fully fueled. There are several reports of same problem posted at www.subaruoutback.org/forums regarding fuel gauge incorrectly displaying the fuel level. 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6 limited, purchased May 2010, 1st owner.

- Omaha, NE, USA