4.9

2011 Subaru Outback miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Subaru Outback:

2011 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Jul 092016

Outback

I have replaced the passenger side low beam lights multiple times also when I started the car the brake light, traction control light, and multiple other lights started blinking while driving. This scared me very much. The owners manual seemed to imply brake failure and to stop immediately, which I did. Called aaa and they towed my car to thoroughbred transmission in laurel. They checked the codes and nothing made sense to them. The called Subaru and described the problem ans Subaru said it was a software problem and it needed to up upgraded. Since I had an extended warranty with Subaru I took the car to them. I also took the Subaru wvu31 bulletin with me. Subaru said they did not see the codes and even though I took the thoroughbred documentation with me they refused to upgrade the software. It is clear that Subaru was not interested in fixing the issue, refused to accept the warranty and charged me $70. So next time this does the same thing and I keep driving I may in fact have a serious problem but not know it. I need Subaru to install the software upgrade.

- Columbia, MD, USA

Oct 012011

Outback 4-cyl

I am not sure if this is a safety issue but I was told by the dealer after two visits that the transmission axle seal needs replaced and possibly some other problems.

- Jefferson Hills, PA, USA

Jul 252011

Outback

2011 subura Outback at 3500 miles would not start, jump started with road side assistance, then 3 days later did same thing, took to subura and they said they could find nothing wrondealer said they check it out on computer, again nothing showed, recommend whe does it again, to call dealer, before jump starting to see what computer will say, very, very unhappy customer, thinking about trading in.

- Iuoup[O], MD, USA