2011 Subaru Outback wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Subaru Outback:

2011 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Apr 192013

Outback 4-cyl

My 2011 Subaru Outback came with oe contiprocontact P225/60R17. This is a tire of Continental that has an 80000 mile warranty. These tires on my car wore down to the tire replacement indicator at 36750 miles.. I call Continental and was told that oe tires on new cars are for defect only, not mileage. I feel this is a total ripoff on the part of Continental tires and a total misrepresentation of matter. When the retail tire has the 80K warranty. I feel Continental should reimburse me the pro rated amount on the $724 spent on the exact replacement tires I purchased.

- Delray Beach, FL, USA

Jan 152012

2011 Subaru Outback. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle shaking while driving due to snow and ice build-up in the tires. The dealer washed the underside of the car in hot water, to melt the ice which resolved the problem.

- Andover, MA, USA

Aug 202011

Outback 6-cyl

This is part 2 of original complaint # 10422477. Since I have a 2nd defective tire.

- Villanova, PA, USA

Aug 202011

Outback 6-cyl

I have a Subaru Outback 2011 with 16,000 miles on it. The non driver-side tires have bubbles on them. I detected this Saturday, August 20, 2011. There has been no accident or mishap, yet. However, since I had to order 2 identical tires to use with the 2 good tires, I noticed that these particular tires are on back order from the manufacturer and wondered if there is any record of any significant amount of tire failures with this tire? the tires are Continental 225/60R17 contipro contact tires.

- Villanova, PA, USA

May 242011

Recently purchased 2011 Outback suburu, brand new. With 1500 miles, the dealer inspected our tires and found 3 out of 4 tires to have side wall bulges. The tires are Continental tires. The call back this morning from the dealers service manager said that they inspected the new cars on their lot and found sidewall bulges also showing on the tires of new inventory. The service manager said this was a result of extra material. As new owners we feel that the operational integrity of the vehicle is compromised with an intergral part of the vehicle showing manufacturing defects, and at this present writing, no available recourse offered from subura.

- Ridgeland, MS, USA