CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Outback has a problem with excessive oil consumption.

A class action lawsuit is pending that alleges Subaru's "FB" engine has defective piston rings which causes oil to leak past the rings & burn up at an excessive rate. More information about the class action is available here.

8.7

2013 Subaru Outback accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Subaru Outback:

2013 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

May 182013

Outback

There is no specific date nor was there an accident. This is a chronic problem. Due to the new design of seats and head restraint I am now in physical therapy for chronic head and neck pain. Started a couple of weeks after I bought my new car. Had doctor appt, head scan and now physical therapy. I believe the scooped seats do not allow for an imperfect shape. My right leg is now legged and I sit at a turn I. the seat which puts a lot of strain on my spine in the over shaped seat. Mostly the new head restraint in relation to the shoulder position of the seat puts a lot of strain on my neck. I am taking ibuprofen everyday and the pain is a real distraction to my work and daily life. I provide anesthesia full time and need to be at my best for this line of work rather than in physical therapy. This also costs money and takes away from enjoying my life. For a few months I was able to drive an older car 80% of the time and found the aching went away. I only drive less than ten minutes to work.

- Escanaba, MI, USA