Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2014 Outback is showing an early trend of problems with hesitation when accelerating.

The vast majority of owners experiencing this problem have reported that Subaru has not been able to find the cause of the engine hesitation, or fix the problem.

Especially because this is a potential safety defect, we are flagging the 2014 Outback as a model year to watch out for.

2014 Subaru Outback accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Subaru Outback:

2014 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

May 262014

The interior windows will suddenly get covered with fog. This has happened over twenty five times to my car. It doesn't matter what the weather, or outside temp is. This, causes a serious problem trying to see out of the car. The first time it happened I caled the dealership. I was told to run the ac. It can happen even when the ac, is already on. I've had it into the dealership five times in the 14 months I've had the car. They can't find the problem. I've taken clear photographs 3 times showing clear images of how bad the interior fogging gets. Dealership told me to contact Subaru America ask for rplacment. I have spoken to three people at Subaru, provided all photos. They refuse to replace. This is going to cause an accident. Munn 16 2015 it happened while I was on interstate I-205 and it made seeing out of the car almost impossable. I had to carefully pull of to road side wipe windshield and all interior windows off. I have to carry towels with me at all times. Problem happens without any indacation, it's about to happen. I'm disabled veteran and require a lot of medical appointments at the va medical center. I live alone so I'm taking a chance just trying to get to the va. At some point this is going to cause an accadent. Subaru showed little concern, even if there are others with the same or simile problem.

- Clackamas, OR, USA

Apr 132014

Outback 4-cyl

The windshield popped and cracked across the bottom from the heat of the defrost function.

- Denver, CO, USA