CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Outback is showing an early trend of problems with hesitation when accelerating.

The vast majority of owners experiencing this problem have reported that Subaru has not been able to find the cause of the engine hesitation, or fix the problem.

Especially because this is a potential safety defect, we are flagging the 2014 Outback as a model year to watch out for.

2014 Subaru Outback miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Subaru Outback:

2014 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Oct 182016

Outback

Subaru Outback moon roof is the problem. And apparently this is a known problem with Subaru vehicles, and yet, they choose to not share this information, even when specifically discussed prior to purchase. Even if you do not open the roof, there are drains that can clog, and when they clog, the car starts filling with water. The clog, in my case, was from fir needles, since I live in the mountains. But they also say that simply a spiderweb or road dirt can cause a clog of these very sensitive drains. In my case, water was running down through the driver side seat belt shaft, and on to the back seat floor. Since it rains a lot, then lots of water can come in. Many, many gallons of water. It happens both when the vehicle is parked and when it is moving. We had two October storms that dropped a great deal of rain, which caused so much water to enter the car that it sloshed when driven; literally, like driving a swimming pool! after much discussion, Subaru agreed to clean the disaster once only under warranty, and then they were done. There is nothing in their manuals about keeping these mystery drains clear. They just hope that it will not be a problem during the warranty period. They will lie to your face about the integrity of the water tight nature of that roof window. Repeatedly. And once those hidden drains start to clog, the windows initially start fogging up, followed by large amounts of mold and other nastiness. Then the carpeting, upholstery and all other "soft" components of the car need to be replaced. But there is no way to clean the air vent system, so mold is there to stay.

- North Bend, WA, USA

Nov 012015

Outback

New 2014 Outback with static noise coming from the audio / speaker system; both with or without the radio being turned on. This will happen randomly, with no particular set pattern or obvious reason; it's impossible to predict when this will happen or even try to re-create. We don't have the navigation package. I have a harmon radio without satellite. There doesn't appear to be a pattern and the dealer cannot pinpoint the issue. This happens even when the radio is off and I am not using the bluetooth. This has happened with or without engine running. This has continued to happen since I have owned vehicle randomly.

- Oakville, WA, USA

May 262014

Outback

The interior windows will suddenly get covered with fog. This has happened over twenty five times to my car. It doesn't matter what the weather, or outside temp is. This, causes a serious problem trying to see out of the car. The first time it happened I caled the dealership. I was told to run the ac. It can happen even when the ac, is already on. I've had it into the dealership five times in the 14 months I've had the car. They can't find the problem. I've taken clear photographs 3 times showing clear images of how bad the interior fogging gets. Dealership told me to contact Subaru America ask for rplacment. I have spoken to three people at Subaru, provided all photos. They refuse to replace. This is going to cause an accident. Munn 16 2015 it happened while I was on interstate I-205 and it made seeing out of the car almost impossable. I had to carefully pull of to road side wipe windshield and all interior windows off. I have to carry towels with me at all times. Problem happens without any indacation, it's about to happen. I'm disabled veteran and require a lot of medical appointments at the va medical center. I live alone so I'm taking a chance just trying to get to the va. At some point this is going to cause an accadent. Subaru showed little concern, even if there are others with the same or simile problem.

- Clackamas, OR, USA

Feb 022015

Outback

The sunglasses storage compartment door of the overhead console will not stay latched up. In the unlatched position the door blocks the rear view mirror.

- Waterford, WI, USA

Nov 152013

Outback

I backed out of my driveway and put the car into drive and there was a long, about 7 second delay before the car moved forward. It was in gear and my foot was on the gas but nothing happened.

- Washington, DC, USA

Feb 192015

Outback

Having warmed up the car in the driveway for five minutes and having driven for approximately 10 minutes, braking several times, driver approached the stop sign at the top of the hill where the road intersects with a busy highway. She tried to depress the brakes and nothing happened. To stop the car, she threw the car into park. "check engine @ oil temp" light or something similar came on. She turned off the car, waited a short while and restarted car, shifted into drive and car wouldn't do anything. Turned off car. A short while later she stared again; after pushing gas hard, car started to slowly move forward. Put car in P and waited for assistance, leaving heat on. When assistance came 10-15 min later, car was able to be driven to a safe roadside spot around the corner. Condition: Low temps. No ice on roads.

- Blue Mounds, WI, USA