Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2014 Outback is showing an early trend of problems with hesitation when accelerating.

The vast majority of owners experiencing this problem have reported that Subaru has not been able to find the cause of the engine hesitation, or fix the problem.

Especially because this is a potential safety defect, we are flagging the 2014 Outback as a model year to watch out for.

2014 Subaru Outback suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Subaru Outback:

2014 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Apr 082014

I purchased the Outback 3.6 R limited brand new and soon after I noticed that vehicle pulled right and I had to constantly correct it -which became exhausting and a serious safety issue. At first I thought it was related to all wheel drive (since I never owned an all wheel drive). After some research I realized vehicle should not have this issue. I reported the problem when I took it to dealer for its first maintenance schedule at 3,000 miles. I was informed that it was the wheel alignment and they fixed. The problem appeared to be resolved at first but after 1 week it started pulling right again -but not as noticeable as before. I reported to dealer but was told that that is the way its suppose to drive. Please investigate as many others have had the same complaint and appears to be a repetitive pattern and I am very concerned.

- San Bernardino , CA, USA

Oct 172014

Outback 4-cyl

Steering needs constant correction, if the car drifts to the right and you correct by slightly turning left it will over correct & drift to the left forcing the driver to correct by slightly turning right, which is the constant cycle while driving this vehicle. It will not track straight down the road. This is dangerous as it causes the vehicle to weave back & forth in the lane. You can not get the car to track straight, it is always either pulling right or pulling left. The drifting is not drastic but it is constant. I have owned many cars and trucks including 4 wd, this is not normal. I am filing this complaint in order to heighten awareness of this hazardous condition which is compounded by the fact that it causes driver fatigue, lessening the driver's ability to react to the vehicles constant need for steering correction. The consumer stated the issue was resolved. The dealer performed a four wheel alignment. Updated 12/02/14

- Palermo, CA, USA