2016 Subaru Outback engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Subaru Outback:

2016 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Apr 252016

Outback 4-cyl

I am concerned about the toxic chemicals that may have been used on the plastics inside the vehicle. The "new car smell" is especially fragrant, and after sitting in the car for less than five minutes, I develop a metallic taste in my mouth that lingers, even if I have left the car. It can linger for hours. I am taking measures to wipe off chemicals that may release during a hot day/open the windows, etc. This smell is so intense, however, that the taste in my mouth and the mouths of my family members, is almost unbearable at times. I am concerned for our health, for the toxic gases we may be breathing in and even coming in contact with. We have owned the car since April 2016 (about two months) and there is no sign of it getting better. I have read that it can take up to 6 months for the smell to diminish, but does that really reduce the amount of harmful chemicals we are being subjected to? thank you for your assistance.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA