2016 Subaru Outback wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Subaru Outback:

2016 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

Feb 182016

While driving on the leftist lane (four-lane in total) of a busy highway, I suddenly felt that my car lost balance and ran toward/along the guardrail in the middle of highway, which slowed my car in several seconds and saved my life. Later I found that my left front wheel was totally gone (not only the tire, but also the whole wheel system). See my photos taken on the scene. It was a clear day with great visibility and there were many cars on the highway. The road was dry, straight and smooth, with only guardrails in the middle of highway and no concrete dividends. There was nothing on the road that I can hit first before the wheel came off. The airbag was not on. I did nothing wrong (no citation and ticket). This is a brand new car I bought just 20 days ago. How could a brand new car lose one wheel while driving within 20 days of purchase? this might indicate a mechanical problem or a defect with the car. Of course, Subaru denied nothing wrong with the car. For a terrible accident like this, I could have been killed. A thorough investigation will help to save lives.

- Delmar, NY, USA

Nov 172015

Bridgestone dueler H/P sport as 225/60R18 100H M&S D97wbz. These are very dangerous tires that came with brand new Subaru. Terrible ice/snow traction. Should be better quality on AWD car. Had to buy new michelins with 55 miles on car.

- Missoula, MT, USA