NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

2005 Suzuki Forenza (Page 2 of 2)

2005 Suzuki Forenza lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Suzuki Forenza:

2005 Suzuki Forenza Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 232010

Forenza

Lowbeams failed after recall services performed and warranty expired. Fuses and relay system fine. Called Suzuki, informed there will be a diagnostic fee for this because the recall work had been performed already and car is out of warranty.

- Syracuse, NY, USA

Jan 012010

Forenza

The headlamps on the car do not work all I can use are the high beams, the inside lighting for the radio do not work either and the paint is peeling off the car.

- Rocky Mount, NC, USA

Dec 212009

Forenza 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Suzuki Forenza. She had her vehicle repaired according to recall notice number 07V452000 (exterior lighting) in December 2009. While driving approximately 35 mph at night, the head-lights failed without warning. She had to use the high beams to get home. She took the vehicle back to the dealership and had them replaced at her expense. She referenced the prior recall and was told that the failure was not related to the recall. She had not called the manufacturer to-date. The current and failure mileages were approximately 62,000- updated 1/11/09 updated 01/14/10.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Aug 122008

Forenza

NHTSA campaign #: 07V452000. Although the dealer supposedly corrected the problem on the wiring harness, I believe that it may not have been properly repaired because the same indicator instrument panel light is again malfunctioning. After repair of the harness, the mentioned light indicator again worked properly, whereas before the repair it was not. I spoke with both the dealer and Suzuki corporate, and they tell me that there is not a low beam indicator light on my car. However, after driving my car for more than three years I know that when the dll lights are not used, (amber) the low beam indicator light (green) comes on. Unless it is quite dark out, I cannot tell if my headlights are on. Suzuki in brea, ca suggested that I get out of my car and look to see if my headlights are on. And the dealer told me that I can tell if my headlights are on because the dll light is off. The indicator light may be a "dummy" light, but it is the only way that I know my headlights are on and working properly. I would like a directive to have to have my wiring harness re-inspected. They cite lack the lack of warranty to look at anything, otherwise the cost is $100. I say this because my airbag light is always on, but for them to look at my airbag, I was told it would cost me $100 I really want to order a new one but they will not do that without the charge to "look" at it.

- Litchfield Park, AZ, USA

Jan 292008

Forenza

2005 Suzuki Forenza with recall for lowbeam and running lights. Consumer states that the dealer informed her of another recall for the water pump when getting the recall for the lights repaired. The consumer wanted to know why the recall for the water pump was not listed.

- Unknown, DC, USA