NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

2005 Suzuki Forenza (Page 1 of 2)

2005 Suzuki Forenza lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Suzuki Forenza:

2005 Suzuki Forenza Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 022015

Forenza

The contact owns a 2005 Suzuki Forenza. The contact stated that the headlights, turn signals, and high beams did not work. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 112,000......updated 02/11/16

- Shereport, LA, USA

Jul 152015

Forenza 4-cyl

2005 Suzuki Forenza. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle headlights repair issues. The consumer stated the headlights pointed toward the ground and did not project enough light.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jul 222015

Forenza

The contact owns a 2005 Suzuki Forenza. While driving approximately 35 mph, there was burning odor emitting from the vehicle. The contact noticed smoke under the hood, the headlights, and the floorboard without warning. The contact pulled over and discovered that the vehicle caught fire. The contact sustained a burn on the right leg that required medical attention. There was no incident report filed. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure and the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V262000 (exterior lighting). The failure mileage was 119,115.

- Rivera Beach, FL, USA

Feb 052015

Forenza

The contact owns a 2005 Suzuki Forenza. The contact stated that after the vehicle was being serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 14V262000 (exterior lighting), the daytime running lights began to flicker. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 110,000.

- Magna, UT, USA

Apr 242015

Forenza

Some wires inside the signal switch were melting a plastic piece inside steering wheel. It began to smoke and the lights are not working properly.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Feb 192015

Forenza

Dear NHTSA - I really appreciate your Agency in the us and world. You do great work for the value of safety! so, I received safety recall notice in the mail from Suzuki and I called the Suzuki headquarters to find out where/how to get it fixed. They told me to call this 1 dealer in oahu since I am on oahu to get the recall repair done. When I called that specific dealer, the dealer refused to fix it stating that they didn't have all the equipment and tools or some other reason. All they could do was put my name on a list. Then, when I called Suzuki headquarters to confirm this inability to fix my recall, Suzuki repeated the dealer info and phone number and told me that my problem was something else. They didn't believe me when I told them the dealer wasn't fixing it! I told them that their process was not accurate and Suzuki headquarters stated that there was nothing they could do. The customer service agent at headquarters did not allow me to be transferred to higher management. The agent misheard me and put down wrong information in her notes. She ended by saying that they only fix headlamps. The recall notice said they are supposed to fix: Headlamp switch, drl module, subharness, and circuit control at no charge! that's all I want changed - nothing more! no one on oahu or at Suzuki headquarters has given me any help fixing this recall. I don't wanna just junk the vehicle because this is a federal recall and it is federal mandate to fix the vehicle immediately (since this is my only vehicle). Help

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Nov 282014

Forenza

The contact owns a 2005 Suzuki Forenza. The contact stated that there were exposed wires near the steering wheel and the dashboard was not secured. In addition, the contact stated that the interior trunk light remained illuminated. As a result, the battery was replaced by the contact on more than two occasions. The contact stated that the failures occurred after the vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 14V262000 (exterior lighting). The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 111,125.

- Frankford, KY, USA

Jan 072015

Forenza 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Suzuki Forenza. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V262000 (exterior lighting). The vehicle was taken to the dealer and repaired however, the exterior lighting indicators on the instrument panel no longer worked. In addition, the contact stated that there was a delay when switching from high beam to low beam. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer, but it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 48,400. Updated 3/24/15

- Balparaiso, IN, USA

Dec 242014

Forenza

TL-the contact owns a 2005 Suzuki Forenza. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed during night, the headlamp switch became hot and overheated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,000. Djr

- Saint George, SC, USA

Jul 012013

Forenza 4-cyl

When I had bought this car in 2010 I was having problems with the headlights turning off at night and had to drive with my high beams on. So I took it into the dealership and they told me that the recall for my car had already been repaired. Received another notice in 2012 regarding the recalled splice pack. Took vehicle in to dealer a second time to have part fixed on 11/12/12 part 99963-85zsc was repaired after fixed I began having issues with the speakers, stock radio as well as the trunk light blinking and check engine light staying on. On July 1, 2013 I had parked my Suzuki Forenza at a coffee house and when I came out to vehicle the inside of cab was full of smoke. I had inspected vehicle to make sure there wasn't a fire. Smoke was coming from dashboard left of the steering column. We had disassembled the plastic around the steering wheel to discover that the wiring that controlled the lights, headlights, and blinker had been melted into the connector causing the lights to stay on when vehicles ignition was off. Took it to the dealership to be diagnosed. Description was; "vehicle suffered internal failure within mult ifunction switch that has caused a thermal melting of the connectors at the back of the multi function switch and wiring harness" part SM37420-85Z10 switch assembly and SM36620-85Z70 harness assembly. Estimated repairs $1,570.. I believe that all this is caused by improper repair of recalled spice pack due to the components that melted are connected to it. Please look into this issue my car is still at the Suzuki dealership. And has taken almost two weeks for them to repair. Said vehicle wont be done until Friday July 13, 2013 due to not having the parts in stock.

- Blythe, CA, USA

Jan 122013

Forenza

Back in Nov 2012 I took my 2005 Suzuki Forenza in for a recall repair as suggested the recall was on the wiring harness that put the headlights on and off (I had been having trouble with my headlights popping on and off at random times) so after I obeyed the recall I noticed that the problem was fixed so in Jan 12 2013 my car was sitting at a local applebees parking lot completely turned off nothing plugged in no lighters in the car just sitting there when someone ran into the restaurant and shouted "whose gold Suzuki is that? its on fire" needless to say when I ran out the dashboard was completely in flames the fire dept came to rescue and at my request a fire investigator investigated the incident and concluded that the fire started as a result of a electrical short in the wiring harness...(yes the "recalled'' "fixed" part) the actually dealership that "fixed" the recalled part has already stated that they arent taking responsibility for it & I am waiting to Suzuki corporate to conclude their findings I truly hope Suzuki does the right thing in this unfortunate matter if not I am prepared to take legal action but im praying they will do the right thing and take responsibility.

- Panama City, FL, USA

Jun 172009

Forenza

After first purchasing the car, there were problems accelerating and then car failed. Power steering had to be fixed, timing belt replaced. A few months later speakers started to go in and out, radio lights come on and off, etc. In 2010 headlights failed. Being a broke college student I rode with my brights for almost a year until I looked up the recall online and got that fixed at the dealership. 2011 replaced speakers, still don't work on entire right side of car and back of driver side. One speaker works, very weak and sometimes goes out completely. Interior lights go in and out. Started to leak oil, had to have head gasket replaced under warranty, then had to have radiator hose replaced. 2012 timing belt pops, engine damaged costing almost $2000. Today December 2012, radiator cracks all the way open in the middle of holiday traffic. Terrible horrible car to be a 2005. Seems like I can't go a month without something else going wrong. Feels unsafe at all times!

- Chapin, SC, USA

Jan 012012

Forenza 4-cyl

2005 Suzuki Forenza. Consumer writes in regards to malfunction of vehicle driving lights. The consumer stated she received a recall notice in September 2012 and responded immediately by calling the department with her information regarding the expensive repair bill from January 2012, when the said recall had in fact disabled the driving lights on her vehicle. The consumer submitted all of the required paperwork to be reviewed for reimbursement. The beginning of January was her first experience with the driving lights shutting off, while driving in the dark at 60 mph. Within 10 to 15 minutes the lights came back on, but a few minutes later they shut off again. The consumer had various individuals check for a loose connection to the lights, but no one could find anything, because the problem was hidden within the dashboard. The consumer took the vehicle to the dealer, where they diagnosed the problem as a melted splice pack. The customer relations contacted the consumer and informed her the problem she experienced back in January did pertain to the recall and out of the $513.60 bill, should would only receive $75. The representative stated the mechanic was not aware of the problem and had to spend time diagnosing the issue which took him four hours. She then informed the consumer that with the information from the recall notice, the same repair could have been fixed in less than an hour, which was the amount that would be refunded.

- Graham, WA, USA

Aug 012012

Forenza

Air bag light on since bought car in 2006. Wiring for airbags has been replaced once still an issue at owner expense. Outlet and lighter stop working year after car was bought. Headlight wiring replace twice and day lights still only comes on some times.

- Dublin, VA, USA

Apr 142012

Forenza

The contact owns a 2005 Suzuki Forenza. The contact stated that the exterior lights became inoperable and would not illuminate. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic but the vehicle was not repaired or diagnosed for the failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 99,000 and the current mileage was 100,000.

- Metarie, LA, USA

Jan 052012

Forenza

Headlight switch has melted wires now the headlights will not work. There was a recall to fix melted wires in a splice pack but Suzuki will not honor it because now the wires are melted in the headlight switch. This is a fire hazard and they should be held accountable.

- Sterling, VA, USA

Nov 022010

Forenza 4-cyl

I called the Suzuki corporate office because my 2005 Suzuki Forenza head lamps go on and off. They re-called this in 2007, I did not own it then but they claim the car was fixed under the re-call. They told me that I need to travel 2 hours to get it diagnosed again and must pay for it.........this is absolutely crap........ what recourse do I have.........short of suing them when we get into an accident when the lights go out on a dark road in the middle of the night. Which trust me I will do if that happens!

- Midlothian, VA, USA

Jul 202011

Forenza 4-cyl

Both headlights fail to turn on upon starting the car. In addition, the airbag warring light all of a sudden came on and stays on.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Sep 012005

Forenza

The contact owns a 2005 Suzuki Forenza. The contact stated that the head light, brake lights and the turning signals were malfunctioning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times who only replaced the light bulbs. The most recent failure was diagnosed as the wiring harness being defective and needing to be replaces. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was no longer under warranty. The vehicle was not further repaired. The failure mileage was 2,500 and current mileage was 120,000.

- Fleming , OH, USA

Apr 292008

Forenza

The contact owns a 2005 Suzuki Forenza. The contact stated that the headlights were repaired under recall 07V452000 (exterior lighting). However, the vehicle had no daytime running lights or headlights at times; once the wiring harness cooled off, the lights would turn back on. If the vehicle was warm, they would turn off again. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer who refused to repair it again under the recall. The failure mileage was approximately 36,000 and the current mileage was approximately 93,000.

- Springfield, VT, USA