2011 Volvo C30 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Volvo C30:

2011 Volvo C30 Owner Comments

Jan 142016

C30

The car developed a rattle over bumps which got worse with colder weather to the point we determined the windshield is loose almost the entire length across the top and part way down the right side. Our local auto glass company says it seems to be a factory quality control problem. Upon doing some online research it appears to be a somewhat common problem with Volvo and it is a problem with the primer applied to the glass possibly being contaminated and separating from the glass and not actually a problem with the adhesive which attaches the windshield to the car. The Volvo dealer says I'm out of warranty and I will have to pay to have the windshield removed and reset and that if it breaks during removal a new one will be around $800. I think this is a factory defect and safety concern caused by lack of quality control and other people in the auto glass industry have expressed the same thought. Check here beranek.agrrmag.com/?S=Volvo+bond+failure I have never heard of windshields becoming loose on vehicles being a common occurrence. It also seem that it would be considered a safety issue. I will have photos tomorrow if I can access this report to add them.

- Franklin, NC, USA