2001 Volvo S40 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volvo S40:

2001 Volvo S40 Owner Comments

Mar 132013

My car vibrates whenever I reach 60 mph and continues to vibrates if I try to accelerate but stops when I decelerate. I was told it could be a balance problem but why would the whole car vibrate? I was also told it may be worn or old motor mounts, which I believe that more than it being a balance problem. I just need to know for certain so I know what to have replaced and how much I may have to spend.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Jun 272010

2001 Volvo S40 several times within the last year or two the lug nuts on the tires have worked their way loose to the point of almost having the tire fall off despite work performed at experience Volvo dealerships or mechanic shops.

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA