2004 Volvo S60 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volvo S60:

2004 Volvo S60 Owner Comments

Sep 082013

S60 5-cyl

I was driving 35-40 mph when a vehicle 2 cars ahead of me had to make a quick stop. I did not see this happen in time, slammed on my brakes and consequently smashed into the back of the car in front of me, who then hit the car in front of him. I totaled my car. The passenger air bag deployed and filled my car with smoke (or whatever that is) however, the driver air bag did not deploy. I was rushed to a trauma center and my injuries include my back, neck and I lost a tooth from my face hitting the steering wheel. My chest and legs are covered in bruises from the seat belt. I am very lucky, however, I do not like to think of what could have occurred if I was at a high speed and on the fwy. And the air bag did not deploy because it was defective, and perhaps it was not designed to go off in this particular incident? I hit head on, no logical reason to think the passenger airbag going off as it did, but not mine or driver side.

- Corona Del Mar, CA, USA