NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

1.5

2005 Volvo S60 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Volvo S60:

2005 Volvo S60 Owner Comments

Sep 012008

S60

Intermittent ABS/anti skid light. My brakes also seemed affected, particularly the stopping distance. After this problem happened to me about 6 times, I asked a service tech at my local dealer to find this is a common problem. Other people have reported brakes locking. After searching on the internet I found many owners of Volvo have suffered from this problem. It seems that the ABS module is known for causing strange problems caused by malfunctions mostly due to cold solder joints. My car in particular is an '05 S60 2.4 M with 118K mileage. At what point should a recall be placed on these units" an integral part of an ABS system seem to be a major safety issue, does it not"

- Riverhead, NY, USA