2007 Volvo S60 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Volvo S60:

2007 Volvo S60 Owner Comments

Jan 182010

I pulled out from a parking lot onto a main street while it was raining. I thought there was enough of a break in traffic to safely pull out, but when applying the throttle with the front wheels turned, the wheels spun for a few seconds before I lifted off the throttle. Because my car had partially entered the lane with no room to back up due to a vehicle behind, the oncoming vehicle had to swerve around my car. The following day, I took the vehicle in for service at the local dealership and mentioned that the traction control did not appear to be working. This was my second complaint about the traction control (about 8,000 miles prior, my car could not gain traction while climbing a wet parking garage ramp). The technician found a faulty brake pedal position sensor and replaced it. My service advisor informed me that the faulty sensor caused the traction control and stability control to be off-line since. I am wondering why my car did not issue any type of warning that these two safety features were off-line. According to the situation described to me, the computer knew there was some type of problem with the sensor, so it disabled the traction control and stability control in response.

- San Diego, CA, USA