2013 Volvo S60 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volvo S60:

2013 Volvo S60 Owner Comments

Feb 032016

S60

On Feb. 3rd, I was pulling into a parking space in front of a store when my S60 R type Volvo began to accelerate on its own and reached very high RPM. My foot was not even on the accelerator as the car normally idles fast enough to perform parking maneuvers. I hit the brake but the car continued to move. It jumped the sidewalk; hit the building and proceeded to dig a hole in the flowerbed at the store's front. This all happened in the length of a parking space. I can¿T remember whether I shut the ignition off or of the engine stopped on its own shortly after the collision. Neither the airbags nor the pedestrian avoidance braking system deployed. I hit the building so hard that the brick cracked inside and out of the structure. The door is still inoperable.

- Longview, TX, USA

Aug 172015

S60

Automatic brakes came on when turning out of my neighborhood onto a main road. It's was 7am and there were no cars around me at the tome of the initial incident. There was nothing near me but empty streets. I turned back into my neighborhood to figure out what happened and saw notification of automatic braking on my dashboard. I turned my car off and restarted it to try and leave my neighborhood again but the dance thing happened in the exact same spot. Still no traffic or anything around to trigger that. Very dangerous!!!

- Durham, NC, USA

Feb 222013

S60 5-cyl

Vehicle involved damage front and left frontal area. Speed 40-45 mph. No frontal or side curtain air bag and curtain deployment. Failure of collision warning system and electronical indicators, ABS did not deploy.

- East Hanover, NJ, USA