2001 Volvo S80 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volvo S80:

2001 Volvo S80 Owner Comments

Feb 262009

Most recent is an upper idler arm went causing the timing belt to skip damaging the motor: Cost 4K to fix or 5K to install a used motor. Pressure test came back (no pressure)pistons are ok. Sunroof caved in on my head. I did get cutup with the glass. Car stalled, need new alternator, fuel link shield fell off bottom of car causing the fuel line to drag on road. I had to tape the rubber fuel line up until garage to install a new shield. Passenger side safety belt linkage broke (no passenger side seat belt) there are other 'routine maintainence' tires/brakes/ etc that I did have done. I've take good car, but these large ticket items continue. There are always lights out somewhere on this car. One of the tire rims cracked and I need a new one (dangerous to drive highway with that). I did not think Volvo would except something like this, when I brought the car to gengris Volvo dealer they told me that that 'would not touch' this car and trade-in was not an option. This car is worthless what with all these problems. They told me that this model (2000/2001) of the S80 T6 are lemons and should never have been made road worthy. Is there anything you are able to do... I still owe 13K on this worthless car. I should have never bought a Volvo - this is my second and and very willing to share this with other potential buyers if nothing is dome by Volvo with this matter... there are more problems I can share if you are interested.

- Southington, CT, USA

Apr 222008

Re: Volvo S80 T6 2001 have had engine surging for a while. Now the transmission failed with a major meltdown and damage. Always did frequent maintenance. Also had a catalytic converter go out. Must be a defect. Saw others with similar problems on line.

- Santa Barbara, CA, USA