2002 Volvo S80 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volvo S80:

2002 Volvo S80 Owner Comments

Apr 072009

S80 2.9L

I had my 2002 volvo S80 financed march of 2009,a about a month later I started hearing loud knocking sounds coming from the front of my car so I took it back to my dealer who drove it & said that it sounded like my struts but they refused to fix because the car was sold as is. I took my car to a shop that specialized in forein cars such as my own & they told me that it was indeed my struts so I paid a wopping $600 to get it fixed & it was like new but it didn't end there.

about 2 1/2 months later the same problem occured so I took it back toi the mechanic & he said that the strut mount had broken which he had replaced when he previously repaired my struts but he went ahead & replaced it for free.But it didn't stop there either,about 3 months later this crap started again so then I was really mad & frustrated so I went back to the same mechanic again & he told me that he has gotten a lot of c omplaints out of the volvo S80's around my year & model.Here it is now & I'm hearing that small sound I always hear when my car starts to mess up again so that's the reason why I turned to this source because this shop is not gonna keep fixing volvo's defect,they already tried to charge me labor for the last visit. what I don't understand is why they have a recall for the 1999, 2000, 2001 volvo S80's but not for the 2002 which is my year model.

- , Antioch, TN, USA