NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

6.7

2008 Volvo S80 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Volvo S80:

2008 Volvo S80 Owner Comments

Mar 012010

S80

My vehicle's fuel gauge has never worked correctly. We have taken the vehicle in to get it repaired 4 times in the past five years. The issue has not been fixed. I am afraid that without knowing the correct level of fuel in the tank we could get in an accident should the car unknowingly run out of gas on a highway. I have done some research on the web and this seems to be a common problem that Volvo is disregarding except in some limited cases. It seems to be an issue that could lead to unnecessary highway deaths or injuries in a car generally associated with families with small children like ours.

- Cos Cob, CT, USA