2008 Volvo S80 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Volvo S80:

2008 Volvo S80 Owner Comments

Aug 132015

S80

I was driving on the highway at approx 3pm. My 11 year old son was also a passenger in the vehicle. I was on wide open highway - no storms - no vehicles on the highway near me. All of a sudden, there was a loud noise, sounded like a bomb exploded. I felt sharp pieces of glass and saw glass in the compartment of the vehicle, looked up and the sunroof had shattered. I first attempted to slide the glass all the way back so that the glass would not continue to fall and cut us. Then I realized that was not a good idea so I closed the sunroof back and the closed the cloth roof covering. I had to was able to drive the vehicle to pick my daughter up from her location and get us home safely. The following day, I took the vehicle to Volvo to see if this was covered under my extended warranty or if Volvo would pay since their vehicle was defective. The service manager of Volvo of charlotte called me a liar - said that this would not happen unless something hit the vehicle. I explained to this guy that nothing hit the veh, I was on wide open road - good sunny weather with no vehicle in sight. He continued to call me a liar. Called my insurance company to report the claim to have it on record and for possible subrogation rights.

- Charlotte, NC, USA