NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2002 Volvo V40 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volvo V40:

2002 Volvo V40 Owner Comments

Sep 192008

I have a 2002 Volvo V40 and it has 50,200 miles. My daughter drives the car. I have noticed that the car engine stalls while driving at slower speeds. This has happened to me occasionally and I can count like 20 times. My daughter experienced this and I do not have a count. I called carlsen Volvo (650 - 493-1515 X 254) in palo alto and the service rep, dan said that the car has no recall. The car stalled when I drove it to costco in redwood city for tire change on 9/19/2008. Can you tell me how I can resolve this problem before a major accident happens?

- Menlo Park, CA, USA