8.0

2004 Volvo V70 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volvo V70:

2004 Volvo V70 Owner Comments

Dec 242014

V70 SL 5 cyl

I have owned this car since it was new. Almost as long as I have owned the car, it has had a problem with very infrequent (multiple months typically between events) stalling while at driving speeds. Similar to other descriptions on this website, it typically (but not always) happens at relatively low speeds (<30 mph) and almost always during a turn. Right hand turns seem to be more common.

I have never had a close call, but it is definitely dangerous to lose power steering and brakes in a turn. The car always starts right back up as if nothing happened.

I have taken it to the dealer several times during my ownership and they are less than no help (I missed the recall). and my local mechanic (who specialized in Volvo's) hasn't been able to fix it. Based on this site, I am going to have my mechanic replace the fuel sensor.

Other than this issue, the car has ran great for us but I will never buy another Volvo based on the lack of response at the dealership Service.

- , Kinnelon, NJ, USA