NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2014 Volvo XC60 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Volvo XC60:

2014 Volvo XC60 Owner Comments

Jul 062014

XC60 6-cyl

I am complaining about unintended acceleration recently experienced while parking my car in a parking lot and the manufacturing cannot tell me if and when any recalls were updated on my car prior to purchase. The car started accelerating after I removed my foot from accelerator and started to break into a stop so I could park the car in the parking lot. Because the car lurched forward in full throttle it caused me to crash into the brick building. The high vroom noise started as soon as I turned into the parking spot and started to break. The automatic breaking system never engaged which in this model should have prevented the crash. The breaks were of no use since the high speed in less than 4 feet of the parking spot and wall. The car is new with only about 1200-1300 miles and I am being told that it was my fault when I know it was electronic failure controlling the acceleration. The day before in a park position on a sunny day the wipers went on automatically and I had trouble making them stop. Wednesday and Thursday prior to the accident the side mirrors kept automatically on their own move to a downward position making it dangerous to drive and I had to manually override it several times to be in the right position. Even when I adjusted the side mirrors they would move downward while I drove forcing me to readjust the mirrors. In addition my front seat would get reprogrammed when I exited the car at least every other time I would exit. I was planning on taking the car into the dealership after the holiday weekend but the accident happened that weekend. Please investigate since the prior electrical problems could be indicators to future problems though the problems were intermittent - windshield wipers on when not intended, side mirrors moving when not intended and my front seat reprogramming when not intended.

- Easton, CT, USA