2005 Volvo XC90 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Volvo XC90:

2005 Volvo XC90 Owner Comments

Aug 162005

XC90 5-cyl

On February 16 of this year, I hit some black ice that caused me to hit a curb sideways. The impact knocked the front driver's side wheel off. The car was towed to the ken garff service department at the southtowne location in sandy, ut where it was "repaired". a free loaner car was given to me, and the charges were covered by my insurance. At that time the car had approx 3700 miles on it. Since that repair I have driven the car approx 5000 miles. I had the 7500 mile service completed at the ken garff downtown slc location around July 15th. At that time, it is my understanding that they check the car over for any and all safety issues. On August 15th, I drove from elko, nv to lakewood, co, with my 14 month old baby. The 750 mile drive took us via I-70 and the mountains of Colorado. On Aug 16th, I drove 1 block from my parent's house to a store, when I was pulling out of the parking place the car wouldn't move. I got out to see what the trouble was and the left front wheel was lying completely sideways. A bolt had come out of the a frame and therefore the wheel fell off. The car was towed to rickenbaugh Volvo in downtown denver to be repaired.

- Elko, NV, USA