2006 Volvo XC90 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Volvo XC90:

2006 Volvo XC90 Owner Comments

Mar 282014

XC90 5-cyl

I entered the car and attempted to put on the driver's seat belt. It would not release from its housing (inside the panel above my left shoulder). It made a strong clicking noise, as if it had locked up. I made numerous other attempts to put on my seat belt, with the engine turned on, turned off, car in park, car in drive, car moving. No change. I feel this is a serious safety issue. When I called Volvo, they told me that seatbelts were only covered under a 5 year warranty. I would expect seatbelts to have mandatory lifetime warranties, required by law. I am surprised to find that this is not the case.

- Santa Cruz, CA, USA