1.3

2006 Volvo XC90 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Volvo XC90:

2006 Volvo XC90 Owner Comments

Jun 052013

XC90 5-cyl

I have had multiple issues with the suspension of this car in the past two years.- up until recently, these were the only problems I had with the car. First the strut engine mount brace and torque rods needed replacing, then at 155,000 I needed to have the front ball joint, control arms and bushings replaced. At 158,000 I had to replace the right rear knuckle and wheel bearings. Now at 189,000 I have a problem with my outer tie rods. I had just thought these were expected wear and tear for a high mileage vehicle, but I saw that there had been recalls for failures of these parts in some versions of my car. I checked with Volvo and they claimed that my VIN was not included in these recalls. But I do find it suspicious that I now am having the same issues that so many "other versions" of my model and year vehicle had. Should my car have been included in the recalls" how do they determine which ones have a problem and which ones do not" thanks

- La Porte, IN, USA