Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 XC90 got a facelift -- the good kind, not the "hollywood" kind -- and has so far not had the same transmission problems that a few owners of previous model years have complained about.

2007 Volvo XC90 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Volvo XC90:

2007 Volvo XC90 Owner Comments

Oct 282015

In a nutshell: At approximately 8:35 Wednesday morning (October 28th), my Volvo XC90 spontaneously caught fire in the pouring rain. I was in the car at the time. Thankfully nobody was hurt. Toronto fire services and toronto police services both attended the scene. The most frightening part of this incident is the fact that it was completely spontaneous and very close to the gas tank! obviously it was the result of an electrical malfunction. Thankfully another driver alerted me to the fact that my car was on fire - as it was not apparent to me - and I was able to leave the vehicle safely. I shudder to think of the potentially fatal gas explosion which would have followed, had we not been able to extinguish the fire as quickly as we did. Please see link with videos and photos of the incident and resulting damage: Https://

- North York, OH, USA