CarComplaints.com Notes: I've heard about issues with the parking brake not being sufficient with this car. To be fair, it must be hard to hold back all that awesomeness.

2.6

2008 Volvo XC90 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Volvo XC90:

2008 Volvo XC90 Owner Comments

Nov 112016

XC90

I own a 2008 XC90 with only 21000 miles on it. While driving, with my child in my car, I received a message "reduced engine performance" and my car started sputtering. I barely made it home, going over a small hill was a struggle. Mind you, this happened at night and I was scared to death that I was going to be stranded on the side of the road with my child. I have read on forums that this has happened to other customers and Volvo currently has a voluntary recall for ETM at no cost to the consumer. When I entered my VIN on the Volvo site nothing came up. This is my mode of transportation and I am terrified to drive it until this gets resolved quickly.

- Huntsville, AL, USA

Sep 012015

XC90

The contact owns a 2008 Volvo XC90. While driving approximately 30 mph, the temperature gauge displayed that the vehicle was overheated. The dealer diagnosed that cylinder three and six needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 93,000.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA