7.4

2016 Volvo XC90 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Volvo XC90:

2016 Volvo XC90 Owner Comments

May 102016

XC90

2016 Volvo XC90 windshield crack I found my windshield cracked right around the rear lip-end of the hood above the wiper resting position, then cutting up at about the center of the windshield, thereby making an "L" shaped crack measuring apprx 22 inches by 8 inches. I'm the only driver of the vehicle during this period, and I think I should know if a debris or rock hit my car, causing such a major damage to the windshield. I drove it to the dealership to lodge a complaint, and they responded by saying they think it may have been a debris or rock. Well, if it's a rock or debris, I'll expect there should be some sort of a conspicuous or very glaring point of origin/impact, considering this is 22 inches by 8 inches crack on a windshield close the base seal joint. I'll also expect a point of origin/impact to have some sort of surface roughness to the finger feel, this crack is smooth all through beginning to end. Moreover the unique "L" shape doesn't seem to follow any logical accidental rock or debris profile. However, the bottom part does follow the "curved" base profile of the car/windshield area. I don't understand why at such low miles the windshield will have an approx 30 inch crack. In my opinion I'll think that grossly compromises safety considering the amount of force or pressure exacted on the windshield at any point in time during operations. Perhaps, time will tell what it is, however, hopefully no fatalities before then.

- Redmond, WA, USA