NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: 2015 Acura TLX owners just want a transmission that can get from 1st to 5th gear without feeling like a washing machine full of bricks. A class-action lawsuit wants answers for why the car’s transmission jerks and hesitates just months after the transmissions were recalled and replaced for not being able to shift into park.

2015 Acura TLX brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Acura TLX:

2015 Acura TLX Owner Comments

Nov 042016

TLX

My name is pouyan tabrizi, in 2014 I walked into marin Acura (located in marin, California) and leased a 2015 Acura Tlx. This was especially an exciting model due to it redesign. Within the first year of my lease I received a recall letter in the mail stating that their was a defect in regards to the transmission. I brought the vehicle to the dealer and they ¿fixed¿ it and sent me on my way. One year later, again, I received a letter in the mail from the automobile devision located at your corporate headquarters at 1919 torrance blvd, ca (NHTSA recall # 16V-640). The letter clearly states ¿if this malfunction were to occur, it could result in an unexpected loss of motor power, which could reduce vehicle control and increases the risk of a crash¿. it also states that the ¿fix¿ will become available December 2016, todays date is November 7th, 2016. I have been driving this vehicle for 2 out of my 3 year lease and the transmission has been recalled twice consistently every year. I have put my two children and wife into this vehicle now knowing that the car could have possibly put my family and myself in physical danger and even death. Not because driving is dangerous but because there have been manufacturing defects with the transmission of this Acura model and year. I cannot describe what it feels like to have that on the mind of a parent. I see this being handled in one way. Acura takes away the car and refunds me my total vehicle lease investment along with my down payment. Please take this matter into serious consideration as I am fully prepared to legally escalate this matter beyond the consumer-company level. I can¿T imagine how many Acura 2015 Tlx's there are nation wide. This experience has been a disaster financially, emotionally and according to Acura potentially physically.

- El Cerrito, CA, USA

Jun 062016

TLX

2 different times while driving I75( 30-45mph heavy traffic) and then I16 (55 -60 mph rush hour traffic) the car stalls all lights flash off then back on and dashboard lights up first saying breaks the transmission, stability control. First time tech said fluke low voltage, second said car down shifts to 4th gear and gets stuck.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Mar 162016

TLX

The original failure was scary. We had just left Texas hwy 130 (80 mph toll way), when we sustained the original failure. As it failed, everybody in the car thought I had slammed on the brakes by the way the car buckled (like a bucking horse), it had done a violent sudden stop and release; the car went to idle and coasted for a bit without response from the engine; I studied the panel because everything was lit up; once I decided the engine was still idling, I pressed the accelerator slowly until I decided I had some control; checked the failure messages; then tried to drive the car. The car could be driven, I drove it slowly with the hazard lights on, the car buckled every so often. Since we were close to home we went there. Had this happened at 80 mph, I don't know what would have happened.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 222015

TLX

After a minor fender bender, the vehicle became completely disabled and blocked four (4) lanes of traffic for almost four (4) hours. The driver-side knee airbag deployed and several sensors/relays became inoperable and the car reported a braking system failure that rendered the car immobile. The tires locked up and the vehicle subsequently had to be dragged onto a flatbed tow truck. Additionally, the acuralink service did not contact me until 90+ minutes later and the assist/sos button fell off of the car before I could engage it. While making a left turn, the front end of my car was sideswiped. My vehicle immediately became immobilized with the brakes fully engaged on all four (4) tires. The accident happened on a four (4) lane city street. My car came to rest in a parallel position blocking all four (4) lanes.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Mar 062015

TLX

Brake light comes on when no car is around you avoidance brake light.

- Mechanicsville, MD, USA