NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt Notes: 2015 Acura TLX owners just want a transmission that can get from 1st to 5th gear without feeling like a washing machine full of bricks. A class-action lawsuit wants answers for why the car’s transmission jerks and hesitates just months after the transmissions were recalled and replaced for not being able to shift into park.

2015 Acura TLX engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Acura TLX:

2015 Acura TLX Owner Comments

Oct 172015

Can you please investigate the 2015 Acura Tlx with the 9sp transmission? there is unintended acceleration when slowing down, unanticipated surging, and unexpected hesitation when attempting to accelerate. This is a known issue within Honda but there has been no recall or public fix from Honda. I included the purchase date of the car but the above happens at various times.

- Monroe, CT, USA

Aug 132015

Yes, you guys are on point! I had my 2015 Tlx V4 advanced pack. And every single complaint I read on here I have! this is very nerve wrecking! I took in my Acura two weeks ago to sherman oaks center Acura, where I originally purchased the vahicle and explained everything that I was experiencing; E.I. jerks, sudden revs, delayed upshift/downshift. The repair center personnel advised me that the vehicle just needed a "simple software update" and that not to be alarmed because Acura will have future updates. So when I went to pick up my car I noticed that the car felt as though I was driving my girlfriend's 10 year old corolla. The car is a F*** piece of S*** I tell you! it lags more and he vibrates too much! this is a safety hazard!

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 082015

The contact owns a 2015 Acura Tlx. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced abnormal jerking between gears, abnormal acceleration when starting, and abnormal shifting while driving 45 mph. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission fluid needed to be replaced and the shift point software needed to be updated. The vehicle was repaired but after 500 miles, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 1,500.

- Puyallup, WA, USA

Mar 192015

The contact owns a 2015 Acura Tlx. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced independent acceleration, deceleration, jerking, and abnormal noises. In addition, the vehicle failed to start on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the vehicle needed a software update and torque converter replacement. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 200.

- Bridgeport, CT, USA

Sep 192014

TLX 6-cyl

When driving at approximately 40 mph the car suddenly accelerates. I first noticed problem when coasting downhill, but now occurs on level highway also. Also there are periods when one tries to accelerate from a stop or from reverse to drive that the transmission hesitates before shifting into gear. At that point the engine has revved up causing the car to lurch forward when the gear does engage. Additionally even after a recall, the parking gear slips allowing the car to roll down hill. These problems have resulted in near accidents. Updated 11/18/15

- Swan Lake, NY, USA

Mar 142015

The contact owns a 2015 Acura Tlx. The contact stated that while slowing to speeds between 3-5 mph, the vehicle hesitated to accelerate when engaging the accelerator pedal. The contact indicated that the failure was intermittent and occurred on several occasions. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 200.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Nov 052014

I leased my Acura Tlx V6 advanced 2 wheel drive starting in September 2014. Right away, within the first week I started noticing performance issues. This vehicle has an extremely hard shift between 2nd and 3rd gear, causing the car to lurch forward unexpectedly. It is particularly noticeable in "sport" mode. It happens more consistently in stop and go traffic, which coincides with a situation that allows for less reaction time. It also has serious acceleration hesitation throughout all speeds. There have been multiple situations where while merging in traffic or accelerating onto a major highway I have almost been hit because my vehicle was unresponsive. My car has been into Acura twice so far for this issue. The first time I was told it was a "known" issue but there was no fix. The second time I took my car in for the safety recall Acura "changed out the transmission fluid" which was supposed to help - and it didn't. I have another appointment next week for the same issues. Acura client care acknowledged that this is a known problem but that Acura corporate does not have any solutions and it must be taken up with the dealership. The dealership just acknowledges the problem and says to take it up with Acura corporate. This is a dangerous driving situation and I do not feel safe in this vehicle. Acura obviously rolled this car out of the factory knowing they had issues (hence their launch delay in the first place) but were willing to take advantage of the consumer and had no concern for their customers' safety. Buyer beware - do not purchase a Tlx.

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Oct 042014

TLX 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Acura Tlx. The contact stated that while driving approximately 50 mph, his foot was removed from the accelerator pedal. The vehicle decelerated to 40 mph and then rapidly accelerated without warning. The failure recurred while decelerating to 20 mph. The failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer or diagnosed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 10. Updated 4/20/15 the consumer stated when the vehicle was warm, it accelerated when down shifting and the RPM's would to 200-300. Updated 04/23/15

- Baxter, MN, USA

Nov 262014

This vehicle often hesitates or has a loud noise of the transmission sounding like it is trying to shift into a gear it shouldn't. both of these occurrences happen when moving from a stopped position. Car does not move for a couple of seconds, in the latter case or is moving away from stopped position in the former case. Every time this happens the vehicle in back of me thinks I am moving forward (which is not happening) and proceeds to move almost rear-ending me. It is just a matter of time. This happens when the vehicle is cold/ hot.

- University Place, WA, USA

Oct 122014

When I am at a complete stop with my foot on the brake, it feels like someone is bumping me from behind to make the car go forward. Or another way of saying would be that the car is trying to accelerate when my foot is on the brake. Also, when accelerating, it feels at times like there is not enough gas and then the car starts speeding up. The transition is not smooth. I was told by the salesperson it was a shifting issue and the car needs to warm up. " it was not a big deal." The problem is there were days that it was warm outside. I have communicated my concerns to the dealer several times; however, they have yet to give me any answers or suggest it may be on a recall. I just contacted another dealer and they said my car is not on recall list. This is a huge worry that there are those of us who are not on the list who are experiencing problems. Clearly, there is a safety issue here and needs to be addressed sooner than later.

- Columbus, OH, USA