6.0

2001 BMW 330 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 BMW 330:

2001 BMW 330 Owner Comments

Dec 272008

330 Ci 3.0L

From what I've read, the 330 tends to consume about 1 qt of oil every oil change. I change my oil about every 10-12k miles since I use synthetic. I change the filter about halfway through the cycle and top it off with oil. Just recently however, after adding 1 qt of Castrol 5W-40 about 3k miles ago, the car's orange oil light lit up again. This time, to my surprise, it lit up while driving. (It's seems to be normal for the car to activate the orange low oil light after driving when it's about time to change the oil.) The car has no external leaks so it can only be internal. This problem is starting to worry me since i've never had a car consume this much oil, especially a vehicle know for such great motors. Seems I may need to unload this vehicle from my stable.

- , Mesquite, TX, USA