2004 BMW 330 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 BMW 330:

2004 BMW 330 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Jul 012015

330

In July 2015 I received a notice of recall campaign no. 15V-381: Driver side front air bag module. It said if deployed metal fragments could strike the driver or other passengers causing death or serious injury. It said I'd get a 2nd letter when the parts were available. I've never gotten the second letter, and when I called my dealer at the beginning of this month to schedule the repair they said that the parts were still not available! that's almost a year later. I'm afraid to drive the car but I have no choice!

- Torrington, CT, USA

Apr 182016

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags). The dealer was unable to supply the part within a reasonable time frame. The manufacturer was unable to provide a time frame that the part would be supplied to the dealer. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Salem, AL, USA

Aug 172015

330

The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330xi. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

May 112015

330

The contact owns a 2004 BMW 3 series. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Fairfield, CT, USA

Mar 012016

330

Takata recall-I found out in Sept 2015 that my car was part of the airbag recall. I contacted hendrick BMW in charlotte, nc to have them replaced. They told me both the passenger and driver bags were recalled but they only had the passenger available to replace. I'm not in charlotte full time and do not drive it when I'm away. They said I would be called when it was ready. Dec I contacted them again, same story no driver. Feb called BMW usa, the air bag service light had come on and the car is a sport model with low profile tires that drives like a tank and some else had just been killed in an air bag accident. They first said they would arrange for a loaner, then backtracked and offered a "interim replacement" until the "real" replacement drivers side was available which almost 6 months since my first call, no one has any clue when they will be available. Ok....a week or so later got a call from BMW saying I should have gotten a call from hendrick that they have the "interim " bag. I called hendrick, and was told they only have the passenger side, have no idea what I'm talking about, put me in a manager vm that cut off before I could leave message. I called BMW back, left a message in that tone only dogs can hear, and now several weeks later not a word from anyone.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jul 132015

330

The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of this failure. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Aptos, CA, USA

Aug 252011

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330xi. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 11V438000 (exterior lighting), 15V318000 (air bags) and 14V428000 (air bags) however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Grosse Pointe Woods, MI, USA

Jul 142015

330

The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Vista, CA, USA

Jul 272015

330 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 BMW 3 series. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 2/4/16 updated 02/16/16

- Monroe, NY, USA

Jul 152015

330 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/19/16 updated 10/24/16.

- Manhattan Beach, CA, USA

Jul 012015

330

The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Melville, NY, USA

Nov 012014

330

The car is subject to two recalls. I have been calling BMW for over a year trying to resolve this issues. BMW says no parts are available for the July 2015 recall 15V318 unless I bring the car for inspection. Makes no sense. BMW has also been obstructionist on the 2014 recall 14V426. I live 60 miles away from the dealer. 1. they refuse to order parts for the drivers side airbag recall unless I come in for a 5 minute "inspection" first (120 miles round trip). 2. only after the inspection, they will order parts; this requests a second trip (120 miles) because repairs can take up to 6 hours and they can't guarantee when parts for both recalls will be ready 3. they refuse to provide a loaner car or a definite time frame for the repairs and suggest I rent a car for up to a week. This would require 3 trips (360 miles plus gas and tolls) and up to 7 days rental at $35/day plus tax, gas and tolls ($250). Seems totally unreasonable. Meanwhile, I have a car with two potential deadly defects. BMW appears to be intentionally obstruction owners from effecting the repairs by creating an artificial inspection requirement which requires at least on extra trip to a dealer. Outrageous!

- The Villages, FL, USA

Oct 142015

330

I received a recall notice dated July 2015 and I would like to have the driver side airbag replaced. But, san diego area BMW dealers say they don't have any replacement parts. What can I do to protect my self from a shrapnel airbag in the meantime" how can I get a replacement airbag as soon as possible" thanks.

- Del Mar, CA, USA

Dec 222014

330

I brought this vehicle in for the national recall. When I received the car back, the air bag was on for the first time. This dealer refused to fix it. I brought it to another location, which fields also owns, and they wanted to charge me to diagnose this after they screwed it up. What a racket. It specifically states the owner not be charged for this repair.

- Debary, FL, USA

May 042015

330

The contact owned a 2004 BMW 330xi. While at driving at 5 mph, another vehicle crashed into the rear of the contact's vehicle causing it to veer to the left. The air bags failed to deploy. The driver sustained injuries to the face, head, and back. The front passenger sustained injuries to the upper body, head, back, neck, shoulders, and both hips. The rear passenger sustained injuries to the head, neck, back, and left hand. All three passengers required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) and believed the recall was related to the failure. The contact also stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 196,000.

- Charlotte , NC, USA

Sep 012014

- Claremont, CA, USA

Jul 152014

330

The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V428000 and 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Fort Collins, CO, USA

Jan 142015

330

I side swiped a curb at a weird angle and it caused my drive side and passenger side side air bags to go off. The driver airbag exploded with such force that it broken my collar bone severely enough that I had to have surgery and metal plates put it to hold it back to together.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Nov 122014

330

There are 2 open recalls for airbags. BMW refuses to order parts (even though they sent me a letter) unless I bring the car to a dealer (130 miles round trip) for a 5 minute "inspection". they will then order the parts and I will have to return again (another 130 mile round trip) to have the work done. They are nice enough to offer a rental car at $35 a day but can't tell me how long it will take. I believe that BMW is intentionally creating this "inspection" obstacle requiring 2 trips to discourage people from having the work done. Shameful.

- The Villages, FL, USA

Sep 162014

330

The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V348000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Atlanta, GA, USA