2005 BMW 330 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 BMW 330:

2005 BMW 330 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 012015

330

Takata recall four months ago I received a written notice from BMW usa that my driver side front airbag needed to be replaced (recall campaign no. 15V-318), but that parts were not yet available. Over four months have passed and I have heard nothing further on this recall from BMW usa or my local dealership. The original notice that I received indicated that I could notify NHTSA if this matter was not resolved within a reasonable period of time. I am doing so with this message and asking what recourse I have in getting this matter addressed?

- Carlsbad, CA, USA

Nov 162015

330

Per my letter from BMW, I am to notify NHTSA that BMW is unable to remedy the airbag recall situation within a reasonable amount of time. I received the recall letter in July 2015 and called BMW today 11-16-15 to find out that they have no idea when they will receive parts to replace the defective airbag.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jul 152015

330

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 330xi. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V428000 (air bag) and 15V318000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 02/05/16

- Vernal, UT, USA

Jul 232015

330 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags)however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 1/19/16

- Pelham, NY, USA

Oct 032015

330

The dealer, BMW life quality motor sales Inc. Of brooklyn, NY refuses to complete the takata passenger airbag safety recall B65 17 14.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jun 082015

330

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 330I. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- La Verne, CA, USA

Aug 032015

330

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V428000 (air bags) and 15V318000 (air bags) however, the parts needed to repair the vehicle were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Yardley, PA, USA

Apr 022015

330

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 330ci. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags); however, the parts needed to repair the vehicle were not available. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 134,000.

- Ashburn, VA, USA

Dec 082014

330 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 330ci the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) however, the part needed to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the delay. The contact had not experience the failure. Updated 4/20/15 updated 06/18/19.

- Bayville, NY, USA

Aug 012005

330 6-cyl

BMW recalled this car for the airbag many moths ago. BMW advised us the air bag replacement parts would be available by the end of December 2014. I have contacted BMW and they advised me they have no dates when they would be available. My local dealer states I am on a list and 40 people are in front of me and it can take in excess of three months to schedule the repair if they get the parts. BMW has been unresponsive and can not provide any information other than the parts are on back order.

- Kinnelon, NJ, USA

Sep 152014

330

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) and stated that the parts were not available for months. The dealer did not provide a specific date for when the parts and the remedy would become available. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repairs. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Springfield, TN, USA

Sep 152014

330 6-cyl

Received front airbag recall notice in mid-September 2014 and was told I would be contacted about replacement. It has now been 4 months since notice and the car still has not been fixed and I have been without use of car for 4 months. This is unacceptable!

- Wexford, PA, USA

Jan 072015

330 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 330ci. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 02/05/15

- Sandiego, CA, USA

Oct 302014

330 6-cyl

I received a recall notice that the front passenger airbag in my only car is defective. I called the BMW dealership in greenwood Indiana to schedule the replacement of this part. I was informed that I would be placed on a waiting list since this part is "back ordered". they promised to call me as soon as the part was available but could not state when that call would occur. I told the gentleman that I must drive a long distance every week for business with my standard poodle sitting in the front seat. My dog provides security on these long drives. The salesman stated that the air bag would deploy only if there was an accident. I further inform him that the we were in the middle of hunting season and the highway I drive on has frequent accidents with deer running out across the highway. He once again stated that the car was safe to drive as long as there are no accidents. The idea of this air bag rupturing while I am driving or if an accident occurs does not make me feel safe. I also am concerned that BMW has known about this defect for years and did not send me recall notice until a month ago. But the last insult is that I have to wait an indefinite time to have my only car repaired.

- Centerville, IN, USA

Oct 032014

330 6-cyl

After 4 weeks of receiving recall notice and many calls to BMW North America they tell me there are no parts available and they don't know when they might be available. They also told me this is a "voluntary recall" and implied that they are in no hurry to satisfy customers! they have also warned me several times not to drive with a passenger in the front seat!

- Biddeford, ME, USA

Jul 292013

330

I was driving northbound on sepulveda blvd in los angeles on July 29th,2013 around 10:00 pm with my brother, suddenly the passenger side airbag deployed for no reason and bruised my brother's right arm my car stopped operating and we called payless tow to tow my vehicle to rusnak BMW in westlake village were I purchased the vehicle from. I talked to the service dept in regards to my car airbag incident, they told me that the warranty was expired and I have to pay out of pocket. I contacted my insurance company state farm to see if they provide coverage, they told since this was vehicle malfunction this was not covered under my policy. I strongly believe that this should be handled by BMW corporation. They have to repair my vehicle and pay for my brother injury. Please feel free to contact me at any time should you have any further question I appreciate your assistance in this regard thank you, sincerely Ms. Shahrzad babaeian

- Westlake Village, CA, USA

Sep 082008

330

I have a 2005 330I BMW and the seatbelt/airbag sensor have been lighting up. I took it to the BMW dealership and they said that it is an internal error in the seatbelt sensor of the passenger side. I understand that this is a recall issue as stated by BMW and I would like to have it repaired as soon as possible. The model production # is KM42802.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA