2005 BMW 330 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 BMW 330:

2005 BMW 330 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

330

Takata recall I received a notice about the recall back on July 2015 and still have not been notified that I can have this fixed! I had a Toyota vehicle that was remedied very quickly! this recall should not take over a year to have it fixed. I am driving this car and want this documented!

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Oct 312014

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V428000 (air bags) and 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Topanga, CA, USA

Sep 232016

330 6-cyl

I received a printed notification from BMW of North America, llc dated July 2015 under the subject matter: "recall campaign no. 15V-318: Driver-side front air bag module." Since I received the notification, 13 months have passed and still I have not received any letter from catonsville BMW in Maryland regarding replacement of the airbag. Since I am the original owner of the car and still owns it, I am driving it risking my life and limb for myself and other members of my family. It is therefore requested that necessary actions be taken for replacement of the driver-side airbag of my 2005 BMW 325I by catonsville BMW as soon as possible to avert potential destruction of life and limb of myself and my family. Thank you.

- Columbia, MD, USA

330

Takata recall received letter of recall July 2015 and never heard back that repair parts are in.

- Lebanon, PA, USA

May 272015

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA

Aug 292016

330

Takata recall - driver side airbag has been recalled for over 12 months - today I received the second notification from BMW. I have been unable to have BMW make the repair in over a year due to unavailability. What is "within a reasonable amount of time" that this complaint should be made?

- Washington, DC, USA

Jun 122016

330

Called about the recall for airbags they just blow me off. I have 2 kids 9 and 12 who rude w me and I'm worried about this problem. No one will give me rental!

- Ashland, VA, USA

Jul 272015

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Newcastle, WA, USA

330

Takata recall: In July 2015 received notice of recall due to driver's side air bag deficit. Have called 2 dealers several times in attempt to obtain replacement during the past year. Have consistently been told that I'm on a wait list and that replacement parts are not available. Although there has been no incident or failure, one year seems an excessively long time to wait given the safety risk. Complaint issued by phone but VIN not available at the time.

- Center Harbor, NH, USA

330

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 3 series. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable.

- Center Harbor, NH, USA

330 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount to time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 08/30/16 updated 10/26/16.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

330

Takata recall I was notified of this recall in July 2015 and the dealer claims it has no parts to repair/replace.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

May 042015

330 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 BMW 350ci. The contact received a recall notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the remedy was not yet available. The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.....updated 07/05/16

- Simpsonville, SC, USA

330 6-cyl

Letter from senator king jr on behalf of constituent regarding the recall of airbags in his 2005 BMW 330xi (attn: Katie fellows). The consumer requested to have the driver side air bag deactivated, until the parts become available..

- Eliot, ME, USA

Sep 012014

330

Takata recall: Driver side air bag. We have received 2 notices of defective air bags September 2014 and May 2015. We had the passenger replaced but have waited on the drivers side for over a year. I have been told buy one maintenance supervisor that if we didn't feel safe don't drive it. I have also been told we can have it disconnected. I just want the problem fixed and my wife to be able to drive her car safely. Right now her life is in danger every time she drives her car. Can you help us with this issue?

- Friendswood, TX, USA

330

Takata recall it has been almost a year since the recall on my drivers side air bag was issued and they have still not replaced it.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jul 072015

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Yardley, PA, USA

Oct 032015

330

Takata recall. The dealer, life quality motor sales Inc of brooklyn New York and BMW of North America llc refuse to complete this takata passenger airbag recall on my vehicle

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jul 252015

330

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of this failure. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- La Crescenta, CA, USA

Jul 202015

330

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 3 series. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA